Who I am
Born 1962 in Caltagirone/Sicily, daughter to a German speaking Swiss mother and a Sicilian father, I spent my childhood and youth mainly in Sicily, South Tyrol, and Switzerland.
Very early I got in touch with the fascinating world of foreign languages and tourism. After spending long periods of time abroad – in Switzerland, Germany, Great Britain, Spain and France – for study and work purposes and after getting a University degree in Modern Languages at Verona University, I gained work experience in different industries: foreign trade, manufacturing industry, education, tourism. Music, Photography, Architecture, Crafts, Food & Wine have ever since been among my main interests.
I now work in tourism, a very dynamic, exciting and demanding environment, which constantly offers me new challenges and opportunities. Since 1997 I have been working as a freelance official tour guide in Ferrara and its Province, and as an official tour leader since 2000.
I give standard tours and offer customized guided tours.
Standard tours in Ferrara, Cento, Comacchio, Delta Po, Abbey Pomposa
Duration: half day, full day, more days
Means: by coach, on foot, by bike, by boat
Tours with special focus:
– Ferrara, the d’Este family and Lucretia Borgia
– Medieval and Renaissance architecture and city planning in Ferrara: the 1492 city of Biagio Rossetti, chief architect at the court of the d’Este
– Jewish Heritage in Ferrara and “The Garden of the Finzi-Continis”
– “Officina ferrarese”: Painting and art works at the court of the d’Este in the 15th and 16th century: Pisanello, Cosmè Tura, Francesco del Cossa, Ercole de Roberti, Vicino da Ferrara, Garofalo, Dosso Dossi, Scarsellino, Bastianino, and many more
– Highlights of Delta Po: the Trepponti in the lagoon city Comacchio. Fishing and clam farms in Goro. Mesola Castle. The 11th c. Abbey Pomposa
”Sacred hearts” – locations and settings of Sarah Dunant’s novel first published in 2009.
Special tours / Interiors:
– Ferrara – Cathedral, Castello Estense, Palazzo Schifanoia (closed for renovation), Pinacoteca Nazionale (Palazzo dei Diamanti, National Fine Art Gallery), Museo Archeologico Nazionale (Palazzo Costabili, finds of Etruscan Spina), Casa Romei, Museo della Cattedrale
– Cento – Pinacoteca Civica (Fine art gallery, collection of masterpieces by Guercino – closed for renovation)
– Comacchio – Manifattura dei Marinati (Eel Museum and Slow Food Praesidium), Museo Delta Antico (archaeological city museum)
– Delta Po – Museo delle Valli di Comacchio (Open air museum in the water valleys of Comacchio)
– Pomposa – Abbey church, chapter, refectory.
Guided private tours and visits in Ferrara, Cento, Comacchio, Delta Po and Pomposa
Please, contact me to know more about: email@example.com – Tel +39 0532 91219 – Mob +39 339 8743857