Who I am
Born 1962 in Caltagirone/Sicily, daughter to a German speaking Swiss mother and a Sicilian father, I spent my childhood and youth mainly in Sicily, South Tyrol, and Switzerland.
Very early I got in touch with the fascinating world of foreign languages and tourism. After spending long periods of time abroad – in Switzerland, Germany, Great Britain, Spain and France – for study and work purposes and after getting a University degree in Modern Languages at Verona University, I gained work experience in different industries: foreign trade, manufacturing industry, education, tourism. Music, Photography, Architecture, Crafts, Food & Wine have ever since been among my main interests.
I now work in tourism, a very dynamic, exciting and demanding environment, which constantly offers me new challenges and opportunities. Since 1997 I have been working as a freelance official tour guide in Ferrara and its Province, and as an official tour leader since 2000.
I give standard tours and offer customized guided tours.
Standard tours in Ferrara, Cento, Comacchio, Delta Po, Abbey Pomposa
Duration: half day, full day, more days
Means: by coach, on foot, by bike, by boat
Tours with special focus:
– Ferrara, the d’Este family and Lucretia Borgia
– Medieval and Renaissance architecture and city planning in Ferrara: the 1492 city of Biagio Rossetti, chief architect at the court of the d’Este
– Jewish Heritage in Ferrara and “The Garden of the Finzi-Continis”
– “Officina ferrarese”: Painting and art works at the court of the d’Este in the 15th and 16th century: Pisanello, Cosmè Tura, Francesco del Cossa, Ercole de Roberti, Vicino da Ferrara, Garofalo, Dosso Dossi, Scarsellino, Bastianino, and many more
– Highlights of Delta Po: the Trepponti in the lagoon city Comacchio. Fishing and clam farms in Goro. Mesola Castle. The 11th c. Abbey Pomposa
”Sacred hearts” – locations and settings of Sarah Dunant’s novel first published in 2009.
Special tours / Interiors:
– Ferrara – Cathedral, Castello Estense, Palazzo Schifanoia (closed for renovation), Pinacoteca Nazionale (Palazzo dei Diamanti, National Fine Art Gallery), Museo Archeologico Nazionale (Palazzo Costabili, finds of Etruscan Spina), Casa Romei, Museo della Cattedrale
– Cento – Pinacoteca Civica (Fine art gallery, collection of masterpieces by Guercino – closed for renovation)
– Comacchio – Manifattura dei Marinati (Eel Museum and Slow Food Praesidium), Museo Delta Antico (archaeological city museum)
– Delta Po – Museo delle Valli di Comacchio (Open air museum in the water valleys of Comacchio)
– Pomposa – Abbey church, chapter, refectory.
Guided Tours described in this site
All texts and translations of this website are made by myself.
Guided private tours and visits in Ferrara, Cento, Comacchio, Delta Po and Pomposa
Please, contact me to know more about: Tel +39 0532 91219 – Mob +39 339 8743857 or fill in the form